Constitution and terms of reference
The Hackney Schools Forum is a statutory consultative body which Hackney Learning Trust (HLT) is required to consult on a range of key issues affecting schools’ finances. These include:
- the schools funding formula and the initial determination of the schools budget;
- whether certain budgets should be retained centrally by HLT and administered by HLT on schools’ behalf;
- specific financial issues connected with the schools budget – such as arrangements for the early years service, special needs, insurance and free school meals; and
- service contracts to be paid out of the schools budget.
The Forum’s membership comprises representatives of primary, special and nursery schools, as well as maintained secondary schools and academies/free schools. Members are mostly appointed by election. The 14–19 sector, early years providers, pupil referral units and staff are also represented on the Forum.
Schools Forum meetings
Meetings normally take place five times a year, at Hackney Learning Trust’s offices (1 Reading Lane, London E8 1GQ – above Hackney Central Library). The next Schools Forum meeting is on:
- 17 June 2020, 16.30 to 18.00 - This meeting is scheduled to take place virtually. Please contact Silvi Shrestha regarding attendance to the meeting.
Members of the public are welcome to attend meetings as observers. The agenda and reports for each meeting will be displayed on this website a few days in advance.