The procurement manual provides a detailed overview of how to achieve best value and execute a transparent procurement process when purchasing goods or services.
The manual splits the decision-making process into three stages:
- Contract management
The resources required to carry out procurement depends on the value and complexity of the goods/services/works you are buying.
Decision-makers in schools should be familiar with procurement processes approved by school governors. They should ensure that purchases are compliant with processes and procedures in place at their school.
Hackney Education has procured a two year Framework Contract with CleanTEC Services Ltd to deliver cleaning services to maintained primary schools and children’s centres within the borough. The Framework will operate between 1 August 2021 and 31 July 2023, and was procured in compliance with the Public Contract Regulations 2015 (FTS Reference 2021/S 000-002676).
Schools are able to Call-off the Framework free of charge until 1 August 2022. It is anticipated that if the number of Schools who Call-off the Framework increases, the overhead costs of providing the service will reduce.
CleanTEC will deliver the cleaning service in a manner that:
- is cost efficient, quality driven and achieves the optimum standard of cleaning for all participating schools, as appropriate for their individual needs
- is at a standard that helps to maximise customer satisfaction and provides a positive image of Hackney schools
- ensures best practice and innovation that fosters measurable, continuous service improvement in line with best value
- is of a high standard with the use of sustainable cleaning materials
- takes a proactive attitude to relationship management and delivery of effective customer care services
- ensures a flexible and sympathetic response to any unplanned or reactive requirement, including changes resulting from the Covid-19 Pandemic
Cloud MIS and finance software
Hackney Education has procured a two year Framework Contract with Bromcom PLC Ltd to supply MIS and Finance Software to maintained primary and secondary schools in the borough. The Framework will operate between 1 December 2021 and 30 November 2023, with the option for the Council to extend the Framework for a further 2 years until 30th November 2025.
The Framework was procured in compliance with the Public Contract Regulations 2015 (FTS Reference 2021/S 000-028345). Schools are able to call-off the framework free of charge until 1 December 2022, or 2024 if the framework is extended.
Bromcom will deliver a cloud based MIS & Finance system that conforms to the following principles:
- Scalable - The system can easily be scaled and not constrained by local infrastructure. The system is continuously improved as per customer requirements in an agile manner and integrates seamlessly with other systems.
- Flexible - The system can be accessed via multiple platforms such as Mobile devices and from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Usable - The system interface is intuitive and provides a rich and ‘easy to use’ user experience.
- Secure - The system has appropriate security to safeguard personal data and the reputation of the organisation and is accessible during an organisation business continuity event.
Independent and non-maintained special school contract
Hackney Education requires all Independent and Non-Maintained Special School & College (INMSS) providers to complete an accreditation process via the London Tenders eTendering Portal before agreeing Individual Placement Agreements (IPA’s) for Hackney pupils.