A revised EYFS Framework will become statutory from September 2021. These resources provide support for childminders, early years settings and schools.
This 30 minute webinar on the EYFS reforms explores the rationale for the changes and previews the non-statutory guidance documents 'Development Matters' and 'Birth to Five Matters'.
The webinar is intended for practitioners to watch in staff meetings.
- EYFS reforms presentation slides (PowerPoint)
- Development Matters (PDF)
- Guide to Development Matters
- Birth to Five Matters
- Ofsted and the EYFS reforms film
- Range of vodcasts and videos from NCB
- Early Years Alliance webinar
- How the EYFS reforms affect safeguarding and welfare (PDF)
A new online service has been launched to support private, voluntary and independent early years settings and childminders to effectively implement the revised EYFS that becomes statutory from September 2021. This features a wide range of resources, videos of good practice and links to inspirational websites.
Future training sessions
We plan to engage an external consultant to offer more detailed training on the EYFS curriculum reforms and the practical aspects around assessment in particular.
- Training session for PVI settings - Monday 28 June from 10-11.30am
- Training session for childminders - Tuesday 29 June from 7-8.30pm
- Training session for schools - Thursday 1 July from 4-5.30pm
Anyone is welcome to join either meeting, whichever is more convenient. Joining instructions will be issued nearer the time, as the session will be held via Zoom, with a different joining link.