- Treat all service users with courtesy, honesty, integrity and discretion
- Treat information provided to us confidentially
- Treat people fairly, embracing differences, respecting individuality and practising equality
- Do our best in delivering our services to customers
- Provide a reliable service
- Work in an environment free from harassment and bullying
Communication and correspondence
- Give a clear and accurate response to your requests in a timely manner
- Maintain a tone of communication that is helpful, polite, welcoming and responsive
- Answer your telephone calls quickly, in a professional manner, and if the person you wish to speak to is unavailable, we will try to sort out the query to the best of our ability
Meetings and appointments
- We will arrive in time for meetings and appointments. When late arrival is unavoidable, we will telephone the school as soon as possible and give an anticipated arrival time.
- If we are unable to attend a pre-arranged meeting or appointment, we will let you know as soon as possible, arrange a new appointment or where appropriate send a representative.
What is a day?
Where the service specifies allocated or negotiated days, this equates to
- 1 day = 7 hours excluding any break for lunch (except Specialist Teaching and Inclusion which is six hours)
- ½ day = 3 ½ hours
Note: Some services may include aspects of preparation and follow up time and this will be agreed with you when you purchase the service.
We respectfully request that customers will:
- Treat our staff with respect and courtesy
- Attend any meetings/training sessions sufficiently prepared with necessary paperwork
- Inform us as soon as possible if meetings have to be cancelled or delayed
- Provide suitable and adequate space for meetings/in-school training sessions as required
- Provide information and instruction, as required, to inform and support service delivery quickly and efficiently to the named contact officer for the service;
- Inform Hackney Education as soon as possible of any changes in circumstances affecting the instructions or information given regarding the purchased service
Monitoring and evaluation
If you have any concerns, complaints or comments about how we can improve our services, please contact The Services for Schools Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8820 7566.