A coherent and systematic approach where children enjoy daily independent reading
Daily Supported Reading (DSR) is an internationally acclaimed approach to the teaching of early reading in KS1 and to low readers in KS2. The programme helps children make accelerated progress by working with trained adults in small groups matched to their independent reading levels. The programme is finely attuned to ensure children become fluent readers who are independently motivated. The training offers:
- Tailored support for children at all reading levels in KS1
- A recovery curriculum to help children get back on track after pandemic disruption
- Materials to structure independent sessions with daily reading groups
- Access to termly virtual forums and electronic resources and materials for subscribed schools and for the remainder of the school year
- Lunchtime talks featuring authors and poets for subscribed schools
Access to DSR resources for subscribed schools
If your school subscribes to Daily Supported Reading, you can login to access our resources. This gives you instant access to lesson guide templates, leadership support and guidance. If you have any questions about your subscription, please contact email@example.com.
Not yet part of the Daily Supported Reading family?
Find out why DSR is one of Hackney Education's most successful reading programmes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to book a space on our termly open sessions.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow the Daily Supported Reading team's activities on Twitter @DSRhackney.