Useful resources and materials for teaching Spanish
On this page we want to share resources and simple ideas that teachers have used in the classroom and found effective. These are in addition to the material already included with the KS2 Scheme of Work.
- Revised phrase and word booklet in Spanish and English
- Simple booklet for use on Hispanic Days
- List of recommended readers in Spanish for Upper KS1 and KS2
- Wifredo Lam - Cuban artist 1902-1982
- Frida Kahlo Mexican Artist 1907 - 1954
- Devon Global Learning Centre resources about Peru and Mali
- La Cebra Luisa - Raquel Tola Rego
- Los Animales Jungla - Enric Sancho Albiac
- Dora on a Quest - Francoise Nzanza
- Raúl stories in Spanish
Pupil visits to Spanish partner schools - documentation
In 2016 and 2017 a total of 10 primary schools received funding from the Hackney Initiative Fund to support taking groups of year 5 pupils to visit their partner schools in Spain. Each school has a Spanish partner school to provide a real audience for the learning and to enhance pupils' experiences and provide motivation. In addition, the visits showed the pupils what the life of a Spanish child is like and let them experience the things that we have in common as well as the cultural differences. Comments from the pupils: "it was like a dream", "it was a happy exhausting experience".
One of the agreed outcomes was a pack of materials to help other schools to plan their own visits: