Resources for early years practitioners
We will be adding to these resources as new guidance becomes available. We recommend that you sign up to the Hackney Council email alerts for local information relating to COVID-19.
- Government guidance for early years and childcare
- London updates and guidance
- Download the free COVID-19 app
- COVID alert level posters (from 2 December 2020)
- Simple signposting to better health and wellbeing
Responding to COVID-19 infections in settings
View our COVID-19 quick reference flowcharts. Please note we are currently awaiting updates for these.
As soon as your setting is notified of a confirmed COVID-19 case with a pupil or member of staff, please notify:
- DfE - 0800 046 8687 or DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org
New DfE helpline holiday operating hours
- Hackney Council (see below)
To make the process of reporting cases to Hackney Council easier a simple online form has been developed.
Please use this online form to provide information on who has tested positive, how many contacts have been asked to isolate and to give any other additional information which may help us to support you.
If you are a registered Early Years setting please seek additional support to complete the above steps from your Hackney Education Early Years contact.
Additional support or guidance is available via HLTcoronasupport@hackney.gov.uk
- Local guidance - the standard operating practice for educational settings developed by Hackney sets out a number of scenarios early years settings may encounter alongside actions to follow (update pending)
- National guidance - infection prevention and control guidance for early years settings. Point 8 states what settings must do in responding to a confirmed case
Please note, the national guidance document refers to the need to notify the Local Health Protection Team. In London this is The London Coronavirus Response Cell (LCRC):
- Where to get a test locally
- COVID-19 test types
- Guidance on COVID-19 testing
- NHS test and trace - if you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
- Stay at home guidance
- Testing information letter for parents
Health protection resources
- Working and living safely - COVID-19 poster
- Resources to support handwashing
- Hands. Face. Space. campaign resources for your setting
- Guidance on wearing personal protective equipment
- Illustrated guide on PPE for community and social care settings
- Importance of ventilation to reduce spread of COVID-19
- COVID-secure notice for businesses and self-employed
Immunisations (health protection)
- Childhood immunisation during COVID-19 - advice for parents
- Attending vaccination appointments - information for parents
- Starting nursery immunisations reminder - Public Health England postcard
Advice for parents
Infographics in community languages
- COVID-19 infographics in a variety of languages created by doctors, medical students and volunteers