Hackney Learning Trust has partnered with Education Mutual to provide a comprehensive staff absence scheme for all Hackney schools and those in surrounding boroughs. We have assessed the market for quality of service, price and reputation and believe that EM offers very good value for money.
As our preferred supplier we believe that this mutual offers a stable and non-profit alternative to commercial providers. Education Mutual is schools-led and run solely for the benefit of members with contributions used to settle claims and support people in their time of need.
HLT will oversee the offer and the service provided by Education Mutual on behalf of Hackney schools. This will cover termly reviews with Education Mutual representatives, an annual review of take up and pricing, continued quality assurance, and help with any contract management issues that may arise.
By joining Education Mutual you will have the flexibility to design your own staff absence cover to your exact needs. This can include existing and ongoing absences, planned surgeries and ongoing maternity leave, all supported by their fast-track health cover services.
Members design bespoke cover through choices of:
- Staff Protected – members can choose any combination of school staff, be that teaching staff only, some or all non-teaching, support and site staff
- Protection Benefits – from £30 up to £300 per day
- Pre-existing conditions – Schools can elect to protect all staff or choose to cover individual situations
- Maternity – Benefits up to £10,000 are available
- Protection Period – Schools can choose term time only or take protection through the holiday periods too
- Waiting Periods – Schools may select how best you manage absence with nil, 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20 or 30 days
- Stress Protection – choose nil, 30 or 190 days cover
In addition, cover can be extended beyond accidents and illness absences to ensure protection against the costs of:
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Leave
- Phased Return Cover
- Stranded Staff Cover
- Suspension Cover
- Jury Service
- Bereavement Leave Cover
- Compassionate Leave Cover
- Trade Union Days Cover
- Interrupted Claim Cover
Membership of Education Mutual can be enhanced to automatically cover:
- All pre-existing conditions
- Any ongoing absences or staff pregnancies before membership commences
All memberships with the Education Mutual provide healthcare for covered staff members. Healthcare includes physiotherapy, counselling and private medical operations
Buy this product
This link will direct you to the Education Mutual 'request a quote' page. In a few easy steps, you will be provided with a bespoke quote for your school setting. If you need assistance in setting up your first quote, please get in touch with Jessica Rolle in School Finance on 020 8820 7623 or Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org