Promote independent reading behaviours and engagement with our practical reading moderation support package. We will provide you with the perfect framework to assess reading and understanding through discussion and feedback rather than simple question and answer.
The package is the ideal complement to our Destination Reader and Daily Supported Reading programmes, giving you the tools to make sound judgements on children’s progress and accurately assess the need for further support.
The pack combines a series of discussion questions and prompts with an extensive library of engaging video demonstrations to enable you to deliver effective reading moderation with confidence.
The KS1 and KS2 Reading Moderation package includes the following:
- A full set of videos for every year group of children reading and answering questions related to the text and their own reading behaviours
- A full set of scripts (clean and edited) for every year group to support primary schools in moderating the standard of their pupil’s reading (the videos link to the scripts so teachers can see how to question children)
- Examples of additional evidence of a child’s reading progress and achievement
- A full set of books and text extracts
- Guidance on implementing the package and using the materials
Training is available to support the implementation of the package. Training is priced separately.
Why you should choose us
Hackney is firmly placed in the top five local authorities in the country for reading. Adding our reading moderation package to your armoury of assessment techniques will fully equip you with the best means to build a whole picture of child reading in your school.
If you think this would benefit you, place your order now.