Accessing your email
Email will be accessible from a number of different devices. These include your phone, your tablet, your personal machine or even a PC in an internet café.
To access from any device, follow the instructions below:
- From your device, go to the website
- You will be presented with the following page
- Enter your email address as your username e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and enter your normal network password then press Next
- On the next presented screen, tick the box ‘Don’t show this again’ and press Yes
- You will then be logged into your web based Outlook
Email access via Outlook will remain the same and work as normal with a couple of new behaviours including notification of draft messages and action items.
You will see emails listed as [Draft] when replying in the list of your emails. This gives you visual notice of draft replies that you have started.
Emails will suggest action items if there is a question or response requested. When you click on 'Action Items', it gives you a description in response to text in the email (which is shown in yellow).
People directory - this allows you to have a quick alphabetised view of your contacts which avoids the need to search the global address book for these users.