Accessing your email
Email will be accessible from a number of different devices. These include your phone, your tablet, your personal machine or even a PC in an internet café.
To access from any device, follow the instructions below:
- From your device, go to the website
- You will be presented with the following page
- Enter your email address as your username e.g. email@example.com and enter your normal network password then press Next
- On the next presented screen, tick the box ‘Don’t show this again’ and press Yes
- You will then be logged into your web based Outlook
Email access via Outlook will remain the same and work as normal with a couple of new behaviours including notification of draft messages and action items.
You will see emails listed as [Draft] when replying in the list of your emails. This gives you visual notice of draft replies that you have started.
Emails will suggest action items if there is a question or response requested. When you click on 'Action Items', it gives you a description in response to text in the email (which is shown in yellow).
People directory - this allows you to have a quick alphabetised view of your contacts which avoids the need to search the global address book for these users.
Using Microsoft Teams allows you to collaborate with colleagues via chat, audio and video conferencing.