Available to all primary, secondary and academy settings
Our experienced and dedicated team will support early career teachers (ECTs) and their mentors during this important time, to ensure a successful start to their career.
For schools enrolling their ECTs in the Core Induction programme, our comprehensive Appropriate Body service includes:
- Welcome and introduction session in the Autumn term
- Monitoring of support
- Monitoring of assessment
- Fidelity checking at 3 points during the induction period (twice in year 1)
- Access to selected additional CPD sessions
- Termly briefings
- High quality advice and guidance
To enhance the management of your ECT, we include access to NQT Manager to enable you to complete the assessment requirements with ease.
Schools will be able to purchase the second year of the service from June 2022, charged at £300 per ECT.
Core Appropriate Body offer
We provide schools with the following core Appropriate Body offer:
- support to the school/college in fulfilling its statutory duties regarding ECT Induction
- up-to-date guidance on statutory requirements of induction
- accurate advice, support, guidance and suggestions of good practice
- strong relationships with schools in Hackney, ensuring locally coordinated support can be provided for ECTs experiencing difficulties
- model forms and guidance materials mapped to the Teachers’ Standards to assist with the monitoring and assessment of an ECT’s progress against the standards during induction
- strong relationship built with induction tutors, encouraging early identification of any concerns. This will ensure early support to work towards a positive outcome
- ability to draw on the skills and experience within the School Improvement Team and the wider Local Authority
- regular termly sessions for mentors, induction tutors and ECTs
Where schools deliver their own training using DfE-accredited materials and resources, additional quality assurance will be necessary in order to safeguard the ECTs’ entitlement to an ECF based induction.
The DfE recommends that ECF fidelity checks formally take place at three points over the induction period. It is expected that the first check is used to verify that an appropriate plan to deliver a programme of support based on the ECF is in place before the start of induction, where possible.
In the first year, two fidelity checks will be carried out. One at the start and one towards the end of the academic year.
ECTs have exclusive access to the following Hackney Education CPD opportunities in their first year:
- Building a Resilient Classroom
- Kate Jones: Retrieval Practice
Discount for multiple ECTs
Take advantage of our amazing discount offer. Pay full price for your first ECT (£350), then every additional ECT will be charged at £250. The discount is applied automatically.